Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The little things

My sweet boy. 

His eyes rest on mine and I feel a new sense of joy. I try to communicate with him, to tell him to keep fighting. I rest my fingers on his delicate skin and love feeling his softness.

Why am I so blessed? 

I glance at his stats and am relieved to see that everything looks great. He seems to be comfortable. His oxygen has been around room air all day!

I look back at my little man and see loads of bubbles drifting down his chin. I LOVE being able to do things for him.. even if it's just wiping his slobber. :) I mop up his face, careful to not bother the face tape holding his breathing tube in place. To clean out his mouth, I use a saline-soaked Q-tip and swirl it around. To my surprise, he starts to suck on it! It's funny how excited I get over something so small, but I can't help it. I sit there for a few minutes and thoroughly enjoy watching him use the Q-tip as a binky.

Feeling so blessed, just to be close to him. I love him more than words can say.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those little 'normal baby' moments are HUGE! Sweet blessings of joy. Love to all your babies...the big to the tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that he is slobbering for you! It truly is the little things we appreciate in life for this little guy. Keep up the good fight Mr. Will! We'll be fighting right along side you every step of the way. Prayers are still coming your way!

    ♥♡♥

    ReplyDelete