Monday, February 24, 2014

More seizures

I sit in my happy place snuggling Will. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face all day. He's such a fighter, I can feel it.

Call me crazy but I love the smell of his breath. I put my nose down close and breath in his scent. It's sooo sweet.

The doctor comes in with a somber look on his face. My heart suddenly starts beating faster and I brace myself.

"The results are back from Will's repeat EEG," he begins. "It definitely doesn't look normal. We saw two seizures.. even though he's taking anti-seizure medication."

The smile that I couldn't wipe off my face is gone.

More seizures. 

I have been so focused on Will's progress with his lungs, I haven't even thought much about his potential brain malformation. The ultrasound shows "abnormal findings". But of course they don't know what that means for Will. And now he's having more seizures.

The nurse informs me that the more seizures he has, the more damage his brain receives. She tells me they're starting an IV and giving him a new anti-seizure medication, followed by another EEG to make sure it's effective.

More questions and more waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment