Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Feeling grateful


My head hits the pillow for the 5th time. I hold my breath, listening for Will’s cry, and am rewarded with silence. It’s 430 a.m. but I don’t mind. The fact that he is sleeping in the next room is enough.

I love waking to his cry.. his cute little whimper that sounds more like a bleating lamb. I love giving him baths and kissing his dripping piggy toes. There’s nothing like a naked baby! I love watching him and his big brother as they snuggle on the couch. I love how all of his cries are followed by an adorable frown. I love that he’s starting to move his arms and legs. I love being able to be with him every day and not wonder who is taking care of him. I love that he loves his binky. I love how his tiny body looks in his big bouncer. I love watching his reaction as I sing lullabies. I love that he loves to be held by his momma. I love his little peach fuzz on top of his little head.

Each day, every hour, is a choice.

Today I choose to enjoy every single minute I’m given with this miracle baby.

I can’t get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment