Sunday, May 11, 2014

Jesus wept

Jesus wept.

This is, in my opinion, one of the most touching and poignant scriptures.

And why did Jesus weep? Was it because Lazarus had died?

Martha came to meet Jesus on the road. She said, "Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee."

Martha and Mary wept because their brother had died, and Jesus wasn't there to heal him. I think Jesus cried with them because he was compassionate and was sad that they didn't see the whole picture. They didn't know that Jesus was about to raise their brother from the dead.


Sometimes we don't know what's in store for us. We weep, and Jesus weeps with us because he loves us and knows what we are feeling. But I think he also weeps because we don't see the whole picture. We don't realize the magnificent blessings He has in store for us. 

I love the second part of Martha's plea, "Whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee."

After the finality of death, she still knows in her heart that the impossible can be done. But it's not impossible. Her brother was healed ONLY through her Savior, Jesus Christ. 

He is my rock and my redeemer. It comforts me to know that He weeps with me. 

I love Him so completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment