Friday, April 11, 2014

Grateful

"Mommy," Brigham says, "I love you."

I glance in the rearview mirror and smile.

"I love you too buddy." I keep smiling and think, I am so blessed.

We are almost to the grocery store when the next song on my CD begins. I let the spirit of the song work its way into my heart and start to think about my Savior. My relationship with him has grown tremendously in the last year. I feel closer to him than I ever have. He is my rock and the only one who truly understands me. He can comfort me because he knows exactly what I feel.

All of a sudden, a thought enters my mind and I feel breathless. 

I am grateful for my trials.

I am startled at this and think to myself, how could I be grateful?

All at once, this thought builds and my heart and soul spill over with the spirit. A feeling I can't quite explain penetrates every part of my body. 

Through my experiences, I have been able to surrender to Jesus Christ in a way that I might not have done. Through these trials, I have gained a love and closeness with my family that I cherish everyday. Through every heart wrenching realization with our baby boy, I've had to turn myself over to Him completely. 

It has been the most painful and emotional 3 months of my life.

And I wouldn't trade it.


2 comments:

  1. I was listening to "enduring it well" the other night on the mormon channel and they had a man (I cant remember who now...)with a life long physical (and very painful) disability say that if he could go back he would have chosen the same life because of who it helped him become. I don't know that I could be strong enough to say that about my trials... You are incredible Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is priceless!! you are both so beautiful!! Keep sharing your wonderful testimony
    I to have had to turn it over to the my Heavenly Father, not quite at the point to to say i am thankful for this trail. Hope to get there some day--sending prayers your way!love Janice

    ReplyDelete