Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Because of Him

Will's warm body rises and falls with each breath. I gaze down at his handsome little face and start singing "our song".

"I have never loved someone the way I love you.
I have never seen a smile like yours.
And when you grow to be a king or clown or pauper
I will say you are my favorite one in town.

I have never held a hand so soft and sacred.
When I hear you laugh I know heaven's key.
And when I grow to be a poppy in the graveyard
I will send all my love upon the breeze.

And if the breeze won't blow your way
I will be the sun.
And if the sun won't shine your way
I will be the rain.
And if the rain won't wash away all your aches and pains,
I will find some other way 
to tell you you're OK."

As I finish singing, his eyes open and rest on mine. I try to convey all the love I have for him with my eyes. We hold each other's gaze for a few moments, then he blinks a few times, stretches, and drifts peacefully back to sleep.

It's getting late and I know I should head home. We have an early start tomorrow. His surgery is scheduled for 8, and we have to be here at 7. But I can't seem to leave. 

My eyes start to feel heavy and I decide to sing just one more song.

"I have a family here on Earth, they are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all Eternity!
Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family 
and the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can."

My eyes blur and tears drop onto his soft cheeks. There is such a peaceful feeling in the room and I don't want to break the spell. The love I feel for him is coupled with the love I feel for my Savior. I think about His life and His resurrection, and the amazing gift He has given each of us. It is only through Him I can be with my sweet ones again.

It's all because of Him. (click for video)

I gently place Will back in his crib and brush a kiss on his forehead. 

"See you in the morning," I whisper, feeling comfort in knowing it's in His hands.

1 comment:

  1. I love that song you sing for him. As I read the words I was thinking of the tune. I know he loves it as well and he treasures his mommy singing to him.

    ReplyDelete