Saturday, April 26, 2014

Blessings

"Will had a wonderful night. His breathing is much better and we've been able to control his pain."

I breathe a sigh of relief and hang up with Dr Y. As soon as I put my phone down, it rings again.

"Mrs. Shawcroft, I forgot to mention I spoke with Dr. P. We ordered an ultrasound of Will's liver. It looks like there are some abnormal findings. He saw some dark spots on his liver and the gallbladder wall looks thick. I'll have Dr P give you a call and explain all the findings."

My relief turns to worry in an instant. This ride is like a roller coaster in more ways than one. Every time I get more bad news, I lose my stomach.

I try to focus on the fact that Will is breathing better. 

"Count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

2 comments:

  1. Krista, I read your blog and you touch my soul. You have such tenderness, such insight, such maturity for your young age. How lucky is Will to have family that gives so much and loves to much. He will soar knowing he is loved to the depth of your words. It is an honor to be part of his progress to going home where he belongs. Keep the faith sweet lady, he is stronger than anyone gives him credit for,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there.. let us know what they find... Tracy is a Radiologist and sometimes they overcall just to be safe. Take care we are praying for you

    ReplyDelete