Thursday, January 23, 2014

Waiting

Who would have thought someone could get excited about their baby reaching the 2 lb. mark? Will is 2 lbs!! Hooray!

I loved doing his care today. Whenever I change his diaper, I can't help but chuckle when I see his little bum cheeks. They're just so cute and tiny! He looks like a little frog! I can't wait for the day when I can blow raspberries on his fat rolls. :)

The doctors don't really have any news. Which is good I guess. We're hoping to have a boring couple of weeks and let him grow and get stronger.

It's amazing how much love I feel for this little man. I love to sit by him and reach my hands through the openings of his incubator. I feel his soft skin and sing quiet songs. It's a sacred time between me and my little one. I long to open up the top and scoop him up in my arms. That day will come, I have to have faith that it will. He is so strong and so many people are praying for him.

It's quite humbling. 




5 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you. Thanks for taking time to post updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pounds! You are the sweetest mommy…I'm sure he feels your love when you are there. And the angels when you aren't .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure he feels your love! Hang in there all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to meet him! 2 lbs! That's amazing! He's almost doubled his weight! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete