Monday, June 30, 2014

Rest

Sometimes I feel defeated.

The past few days have been flooded with a heaviness I can't seem to shake.

The heaviness in my heart is from a combination of thoughts. Thoughts of the future, wondering if my milk production will start to increase, wondering if the doctors are right about Will, or if we should hold on to the hope that he'll progress. But the thought at the forefront is the deep regret that one of the people I'm closest with doesn't want contact with me anymore. The reasons are still unclear, but it is clear that my heart is breaking.

A scripture has been rolling around in my mind. It's in Matthew Ch 11.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

How do I give my burdens to the Savior? How do I let it all go? How can I raise my flag and surrender? For some reason, I keep holding on to these worries. I still have faith that someday these worries will be swept away in His love.

But right now I desperately need rest for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment