Saturday, April 6, 2013

My traveler

As I sit here and write this post, my dear friend is dying. She will soon be with her Savior. I sat with her last week and we shared many things which I cannot write. I left feeling an immense love for her and for my Savior.

It has been a very emotional few days for me as I wait for the news. Then I started thinking about the road our lives take. 

Each road is different. Some end early, a sudden and halting dead end. Some have twists and turns, bumps and bends. Some are so rocky, they are unrecognizable. Some have inclines, others have steep hills. But all are different. 

As we take our own separate roads, we come across people who are set in our path. These people come into our lives for different reasons, but there is always a purpose. 

This dear friend of mine is one of the travelers on my road of life. She walked beside me for a short time, a time when I needed her as much as she needed me. My life took a drastic detour and she was there for me. We were set in each other's paths for a specific reason. We both learned things from each other that we couldn't possibly have gotten from anywhere else. 

It is not by happenstance that we have these "angels" in our lives. Our Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. He helps us through the hands of another, of that I am sure.

I know that my Molly will be there waiting for my friend. She will give her a big hug and they will love each other even as I do. 

Then we will all have an eternity to be together. The plan of happiness is a beautiful thing. 

As our Savior takes my friend into His all encompassing arms, she will know that she has arrived at the end of her road, and that it has led to a joyful end. 


3 comments:

  1. I love this Krista <3 It's always hard to lose people we love but the knowledge we have of the plan of salvation is the comfort in knowing they will be with people they love when they pass and they are not alone and that we get to join them at the end of our journey. I am thankful to have a friend like you:)

    Erin Dooley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful special friend Val has been to you, and you to her. You both are so blessed for knowing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at putting your feelings into words! Reading about your recent experiences brings tears to my eyes. You are strong! I hope that the love and strength of the Savior continue to lift you up.

    ReplyDelete