Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A dream

I thread my arm through the car seat and make my way down the hall. Will gives out a little cry and I realize he must be hungry. How could I have forgotten to nurse him!

I lovingly unbuckle his growing body and his eyes shine up at me. My heart swells at the sight of him. I sit in our spot by the window and let him latch. As he starts to nourish his body, I contentedly lean my head back and sigh. His chubby hand finds my hair and he glances up at me as if to say, "Thanks for the milk!" I smile as he continues and my heart warms. 

I wake to the sound of rain. 

It was just a dream.

A most perfect and wonderful dream. 

I look out my pelted window at the angry waves below. So much turmoil. 

I reflect on my own turmoil. How can I dance through this storm? How will I find the strength? 

I think about Peter as he put his feet over the boat. He knew that through his faith, he could walk on water. With his eyes on the Savior, he could do something that seemed impossible. 

I pray with all my heart I can be like Peter. 


3 comments:

  1. No need to be Peter, when you can be Krista! Your faith is as strong, if not stronger than Peter. He only had to walk on water, but you have to be a mother. To be a mother is a very special and sacred calling that our Heavenly Father had given us. Being a parent is difficult and will test your faith at every turn. It will either strengthen your faith or weaken it. How strong you are depends on you. Not only does our Heavenly Father see how much faith you have, but so do I. A lot of people see it. You have been blessed to be able to help increase other's in their faith because of your example. Don't sell yourself short, and know that being a mom sometimes requires as much faith, if not more than what Peter had, to walk on water. Your an amazing woman and I am continually inspired by you! Strengthen your faith daily by looking at Will's little face. Feel His love through the love of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more like Peter than anyone I know. Like Peter, you are teaching Will and all those around you to put your trust in the Savior and move forward with faith. Keep on holding on friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The special little spirits like Wills,are held back for those parents that are strong enough to love that little body that Will accepted.He told Heavenly Father "I will take that body with all its challenges so I can have a body that will be resurrected in perfect form in the here after". You have such a special little boy there.... you should be honored that he chose you for his momma. Prayers for strength and reassurance. .... mary

    ReplyDelete